The Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund provides funding for the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program to compensate vaccine-related injury or death claims for covered vaccines administered on or after October 1, 1988. Compensation varies, depending on the injury, and can include as much as $250,000 for pain and suffering, lost earnings, legal fees, and/or a reasonable amount for past and future care.
What Vaccines are Covered?
- diptheria and tetanus vaccines (e.g., DTaP, DTP, DT, Td, or TT),
- pertussis vaccines (e.g., DTP, DTaP, P, Tdap, DTP-Hib),
- measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines (e.g., MMR, MR, M, R),
- polio vaccines (e.g., OPV or IPV),
- hepatitis A vaccines (e.g., HAV),
- hepatitis B vaccines (e.g.,HBV),
- Haemophilus influenza type b polysaccharide conjugate vaccines (e.g., Hib),
- varicella vaccines (e.g., VZV) [herpes zoster (shingles) vaccine is not covered],
- rotavirus vaccines (e.g.,RV),
- pneumococcal conjugate vaccines (e.g., PCV),
- seasonal influenza vaccines (e.g., IIV3 standard dose, IIV3 high dose, IIV4, RIV3, LAIV3, LAIV4),
- human papillomavirus vaccines (e.g., HPV),
- meningococcal vaccines (e.g., MCV4, MPSV4, recombinant)
What about Attorney’s Fees and Costs?
If your case is one that qualifies for this special program, your attorneys fees and the costs of your case will be covered by the program at the conclusion of your case. If you have been injured by a vaccine or by the manner in which a vaccine was administered- call Bryan, diStefano & Mattingley for a consultation: 406-890-1880.